for Buyers and Renters
Health & safety during your search.
LX Costa Rica continues to offer a full range of experience for buyers, renters, and clients interested in Costa Rica’s top luxury properties. We’ve adapted our efforts to stay digitally connected and help clients through online consultations, video tours, and in-person property visits on a limited basis. LX Digital experiences for real estate
The LX team will guide you. We follow a careful protocol and share guidelines for you, the property owners, and all involved prior to a live meeting, visit, showing or property tour. In-person visits are kept to a minimum.LX COVID-19 Information Center
Digital experiences for real estate. Explore the different options available for buyers and renters.
6 general guidelines. Follow the specific protocols for real estate activities during COVID-19, but you can start with these six principles that apply each step of the way.
Initial considerations for the visit (buyers and renters)
⚠ Please tell your LX agent if you have tested positive for Coronavirus, present any COVID-19 related symptoms, have knowingly been in contact with a person confirmed with the infectious disease, or traveled outside the country in the last 14 days.
Visits and in-person activities with LX Costa Rica are restricted to the lowest number of people possible. In most cases, the LX team will work to limit property visits to 2 individuals: the potential client and the LX agent. In some cases, one other member of the potential client household may participate, and if they have an external agent representing them this can be coordinated separately prior to the visit. Any other individuals, property inspectors or household members will either be limited to a virtual visit or require further programming.
If you have other property visits on the same day, keep in mind that we’ll program extra time between visits or showings in order to avoid possible overlap due to delays and to allow for enough time to clean and disinfect from prior visits.
As always, communication is key. Make sure that you stay in contact with your LX agent, keep them updated and follow the advice that they put forward. They will be able to explain their own procedures and how they are managing the safety for staff, clients and team.
Guidelines BEFORE the visit (buyers and renters)
✓ Read the LX COVID Risk and Responsibility Notice.
✓ Review and follow the LX General Health and Safety Guidelines – COVID
- Please notify the LX agent of all participants that will be in attendance.
- Your own means of transportation. Transportation to and from the property will be in your own vehicle. The LX Agent cannot provide transportation for clients in the same vehicle.
- Please be punctual. Now more than ever, there is significant effort involved to schedule and prepare for in-person activities.
- Secure access to protective equipment. You will need an unused face mask and disposable gloves. If you do not have access to the equipment the LX agent may be able to provide these for you. You will need to put them on before entering the property.
- Leave your phone in the car. In most cases, it’s better not to bring your phone, purse or electronic equipment onto the property.
- Wash your hands immediately prior to entering the property or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Please remove shoes and/or wear footies before entering if this is an indoor property visit.
Guidelines DURING the visit (buyers and renters)
- The LX Costa Rica team will make all efforts possible to limit or reduce the number of people present at the property during the visit.
- Continue to follow the General Health and Safety Guidelines
- Maintain social distancing. Keep a radius of 2m/6ft distance between you, the LX agent, and any other person present during the visit.
- Please don’t touch. Try not to touch unnecessary objects or surfaces. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth during the visit.
- Reduce your impact. Keep your mask on at all times to avoid unnecessary spray or sneezing.
- Be patient. Social distancing might make things a little different than you expected. The LX agent will work to make this was easy as possible, but it will require more attention and flexibility for all.
Guidelines AFTER the visit (buyers and renters)
- Remove protective equipment once outside the property or before entering your vehicle.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wipe your phone before use.
- Ask the agent. As usual, if you have any questions or need further guidance please contact the LX agent directly.
Notify us of any symptoms. If you experience any COVID-19 related symptoms in the 14 days after your visit AND test positive for Coronavirus, please notify your agent or the LX team.
As a potential buyer or renter you share the responsibility of health and safety not only for yourself and your family, but also for the people you engage with including the LX team, sellers, and other community members. Please carefully consider the risks involved before agreeing to participate in-person for property visits.
LX Costa Rica COVID-19 information center
LX digital experiences for real estate