Working together for health & safety.
Thank you for partnering with LX Costa Rica for the health and safety of your clients. Together, we continue to offer a full range of experience for sellers, buyers, renters, and clients interested in Costa Rica’s top luxury properties.
The LX team works with you. We follow a careful protocol and share guidelines for agents and your clients prior to a live meeting, digital property tour, or showing. In-person visits are kept to a minimum.
You know your clients best. Please let us know of any special considerations so we can help you and your client.LX Costa Rica COVID-19 Information Center
We’ve adapted our efforts to better serve you and your clients through online consultations, video tours, and in-person property visits on a limited basis. Please consider these options for you or your clients: Digital experiences for real estate
Prepare your kit. Additional health and safety concerns require additional planning before your visit. Please be sure to prepare the necessary items if you’re going to be on-property.
Initial considerations for the visit (external agents)
⚠ Please tell your LX contact if you or your client have tested positive for Coronavirus, present any COVID-19 related symptoms, have knowingly been in contact with a person confirmed with the infectious disease, or traveled outside the country in the last 14 days.
You know your clients best. Please help us understand your needs and communicate proactively to reduce uncertainty.
Visits and in-person activities with LX Costa Rica are restricted to the lowest number of people possible. In most cases, the LX team will work to limit property visits to 2 individuals: the potential client and the LX agent. In some cases, we can coordinate so you or one other member of the potential client household may participate. This must be coordinated separately prior to the visit. Any other individuals, property inspectors or household members will either be limited to a virtual visit or require further programming.
Keep in mind that during the visit we must limit presence to 1 person per 4m2 (roughly 53 sq.ft.) so additional participants can complicate movement or conversation within the property.
If you have any other showings planned, please schedule a minimum of 45 minutes before and after the visits or showings with the LX team in order to avoid possible overlap due to delays.
As always, communication is key. We depend on your proactive communication both with the LX team and your clients. Make sure that you stay in contact and keep everyone updated. Your LX contact will be able to explain any additional details and we welcome your feedback of how you are managing safety for staff, clients and team in times of coronavirus.
Guidelines BEFORE the visit (external agents)
✓ Read the LX COVID Risk and Responsibility Notice.
✓ Review and follow the LX General Health and Safety Guidelines – COVID
- Please notify the LX agent of all participants that will be in attendance.
- Self transportation for you and for your clients. Transportation to and from the property should be in your own vehicle. Your clients should use their own transportation as well. For health and safety reasons, the LX Agent cannot provide transportation for other agents or clients in the same vehicle.
- Please be punctual. Now more than ever, there is significant effort involved to schedule and prepare for in-person activities.
- Secure access to protective equipment. If you will be on property, you will need to bring an unused face mask and disposable gloves. If you do not have access to the equipment the LX agent may be able to provide these for you. You will need to put them on before entering the property.
- Leave your phone in the car. In most cases, it’s better not to bring your phone, purse or electronic equipment onto the property.
- Wash your hands immediately prior to entering the property or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Please remove shoes and/or wear footies before entering if this is an indoor property visit.
Guidelines DURING the visit (external agents)
- Be patient. Social distancing might make things a little different than you or your clients expected. The LX agent will limit their and your use of documents and electronics within the property, so you may need to wait until you’re off-property for some additional information or clarification.
- The LX Costa Rica team will make all efforts possible to limit or reduce the number of people present during property during the visit.
- Continue to follow the General Health and Safety Guidelines
- Maintain social distancing. Keep a radius of 2m/6ft distance between you, the LX agent, and any other person present during the visit.
- Please don’t touch. Try not to touch unnecessary objects or surfaces. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth during the visit.
- Reduce your impact. Keep your mask on at all times to avoid unnecessary spray or sneezing.
Guidelines AFTER the visit (external agents)
- Remove protective equipment once outside the property or before entering your vehicle.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wipe your phone before use.
- Ask the agent. As usual, if you have any questions or need further guidance please contact the LX agent directly.
Notify us of any symptoms. If you experience any COVID-19 related symptoms in the 14 days after your visit AND test positive for Coronavirus, please notify your agent or the LX team.
As a real estate agent you share the responsibility of health and safety not only for yourself and your family, but also for the people you engage with including the LX team, your clients, and other community members.
LX Costa Rica coronavirus information center
Related news for COVID-19 and real estate in Costa Rica
Also available in: Español